Monday, March 11, 2013

An Unfortunate Turn of Events

Moving day has come and gone, and we are still holed up in our old home.  Long story short, there was a window that needed repaired and somebody dropped the ball.  Now we are waiting.  Waiting for the special order window to be delivered and installed.  Waiting for the appraiser to come back and make sure that everything is proper.  Waiting for underwriting to finish the paperwork.  Waiting for a closing date to be rescheduled.
Aside from the utter disappointment, there were other issues with the delay.  Getting this news only 24 hours before we were originally scheduled to close meant that we were nearly all of the way packed up.  Now I am rotating through the same three outfits; hoping to move before I have to unpack my work clothes at the end of spring break.  My son will have to continue sleeping on the couch in the meantime, and friends of ours will have to reschedule visiting us from out of town.  We were able to find a place for the stove that we just purchased, and we hope that the trailers will still be available to borrow when it's finally time to go.
I just have to keep telling myself that we have the rest of our lives to live in this house...what's two more weeks?

Our living room.

My son's bedroom.

1 comment: